Air Conditioner Installation Tips
If you are going to install a new split air conditioner in your room, you may want to refer to the following tips to optimize the installation and achieve better ac efficiency and performance.
- As the electrical power source, use a separate receptacle outlet from other appliances, equipped with a safety fuse.
- The recommended maximum length of freon pipe connecting the air conditioner indoor and outdoor unit is 5 meters (16 feet). Another recommendation is to use high quality copper pipe.
- It is advised to install the air conditioner indoor unit on the wide side not the long side so that the exhaled cool air from the unit travels further.
- Keep away the air conditioner indoor unit from the back of walls which are exposed to direct sunlight.
- Keep in mind to allow some free space from surrounding area when installing the air conditioner outdoor unit. Read your air conditioner installation manual for the recommended spacing. As a rough estimation, general recommended spaces are as follow:
- Right, left and rear side: 25cm (10 inches)
- Top side: 10cm (4 inches)
- Front side (where the hot air is blowed out): 80cm (32 inches)
- Where possible, do not expose ac outdoor unit to direct sunlight. Place it in a shaded area to ensure optimal hot air disposal.
blog comments powered by Disqus
You may find these useful too: